Tuesday 12 March 2013

LETTER TO MY UNBORN

Before you are conceived, I think of
Who you are
How you are and
What you would look like

Before you are conceived, baby, I imagine
How your smile will look like
How your angry face will look like

Before you are conceived, I imagine
The sound of your laughter and
The "flow" of your tears

Baby, whether or not you will be conceived,
I can, already feel you in my womb
I can already weigh you in my arms

Promises are made to the living
But of course since they are also meant to be broken,
Then little non-existing one,

I can also make a few LEGITIMATE PROMISES;
I Promise to make you a LEGITIMATE matured sperm clot
I Promise to garnish my womb to make you feel and have a good developing “abode”

I Promise to pray for your non-existing soul’s safety as you develop in your comfort zone
And when you exist, I will sing the lullabies of God’s love to you every day as long as I have breath
I Promise on my womb’s honour, to make you smile when you’re sad

To kiss your beautiful tears when you cry and
To take every step of each phase of life with you to your future, In God’s name
My unborn, just exist and you will experience the greatest love of a promising-yet-to-be mother


Signed: To My Unborn, With Love.

No comments:

Post a Comment